Here is a Low carb protein pizza base so that you can enjoy a tasty treat and not blow the calorie bank.
- 1¼ cup Almond flour (or ½ cup coconut flour)
- ¼ cup Amazonia Raw Protein Powder (unflavored, optional)
- 4 TBlsp Psyllium husk powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 TBlsp grated parmesan
- 1 TBlsp Italian spices
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs (4 eggs for coconut flour)
- 1 cup boiling water
- butter or coconut oil (for brushing)
- Pizza Toppings of your choosing
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine all dry ingredients.
- Add eggs and stir. Add boiling water and stir until dough thickens.
- Place dough on a sheet of greased baking paper.
- Use a rolling pin or your hands to spread the dough into a pizza tin. The dough will rise 2-3 times its size so make the base 1/3 of what you desire
- Place in oven and Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove crust from oven and brush with butter or coconut oil and return to oven for 3-8 minutes or until crust is crisp (Be careful keep an eye so it doesn't burn).
- Add your choice of toppings and bake for another 5-10 or until cheese is melted and starts to brown.