Here are some finger licking, simple, delicious, crazy-good popcorn seasoning recipes!
Instead of buying instant popcorn, which is smothered in butter and loaded with artificial ingredients, try this healthy home made recipe.
The following popcorn recipe is made on the stove top with the popular superfood coconut oil.
If you have a sweet tooth, you may be interested in trying the 'Cinnamon Sugar' recipe or if you prefer savoury, 'Coconut Curry' recipe.
Popcorn, surprisingly provides many health benefits...
- Aids in digestion
- Prevents cancer
- Aids in weight loss
- Can reduce symptoms of ageing
- Reduces cholesterol levels
- Regulates and managers blood sugar and insulin level
- Fights fatigue
- Can put you in a better mood, due to increasing serotonin levels
For every 100g of un-popped popcorn kernels, here is the nutritional value it contains...
Fiber | 51%
Carbohydrates | 25%
Protein | 22%
Calories | 19%
Thiamin | 21%
Folate | 16%
Vitamin B6 | 14%
Niacin | 8%
Manganese | 48%
Magnesium | 31%
Phosphorus | 30%
Zinc | 18%
- 1/3 cup of popcorn kernels
- 3 Tbs of Coconut Oil + extra for adding seasoning
- 1 large saucepan
- Paper Bag or large zip lock bag
How to Make
1. Heat the coconut oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. To test when the heat is just right, place a couple popcorn kernels into the oil and cover the pan.
3. When the kernels have popped, add the rest of the popcorn to the pan and cover.
4. Every now and then, shake the pan gently while keeping it over the heat.
5. When you notice the popcorn has slowed down or most of the kernels have pop, remove the pan from the heat and place the popcorn in a large bowl
*** If you have a popcorn machine, feel free to use that! Once popped, you can just pour over the coconut oil you have by microwave or stove top.
You can choose to eat the popcorn as is, however, if not add seasoning!
1. Whatever your selection of herbs and spices are, place into a blender to ensure they are blended and result in a very smooth consistency.
2. If you have any remaining mixture you can store in a air right jar or container for next time or use in other recipes.
How To Add Seasoning to Popcorn
1. Place the warm, cooked popcorn into into your bag
2. Drizzle additional melted coconut oil (by stove or microwave) over popcorn to your liking - this will help the season stick
3. Close and shake the bag to ensure the oil spreads evenly over the popcorn
4. Open your bag and sprinkle your popcorn seasoning
5. Once again, close the bag and shake to ensure the seasoning is evenly distributed over the popcorn.
Here are some recipe ideas you could work from, however you encourage you to get creative and try your own seasonings! Have fun!
- Add 1 Tsp of hot sauce to the oil while cooking
- 1 Tbsp of Chipotle powder
- 1 Tsp of salt
Fact | Chilli contains capsaicin. This ingredient boosts and kicks your fat burning process into gear.
- 2 Tbsp of light brown sugar
- 1 Tsp of cinnamon spice (not sugar!)
- 1/4 Tsp of salt
Fact | Cinnamon is a great spice to add to food! It not only adds flavour but stabalises blood sugar levels, supports metabolic function and helps aid in fat loss.
- 1 Tbsp of dried Rosemary
- 1 Tsp of garlic powder
- 1 Tsp of Salt
- 2 Tbsp freshly grated parmesan
Fact | Rosemary is a powerful antioxidant that helps protect your body from harmful free radicals.
- 2 Tbsp of Coconut Flakes
- 1 Tbsp Curry Powder
- 1 Tsp Ginger Powder
Fact | Curry powder is a mixture of blended spices. It contains spices such as turmeric which act as an anti inflammatory and great for the digestive system.
We stock a variety of high protein, ready available snack options. We have the choice of a high and low carb and calorie options. Some of our most popular sellers are...
Lenny & Larry's Cookie
These cookies are a high protein vegan friendly cookie.
They contain no dairy, no animal products and 16 grams of protein per cookie. They also contain 8 grams of dietary fibre!
These bars are the most delicious protein bars around today!
Each bar contains a massive 22grams of protein per serve and only 1 gram of sugar.
UPS Chocabolic Protein Bars
These are the first no carb protein bars! This protein chocolate could also pass for the real thing. For those on a keto, high fat, high protein diet, these could squeeze into your macros very easily.