Try these 4 ingredient, super simple, delicious cookies! Yes, these cookies contain protein powder, however, majority of the protein source coming from these babies is naturally the peanut butter. Peanut butter is a great source of natural plant protein but also rich in healthy fats. These cookies are a great snack or post recovery treat. Depending on ingredients used, you could make these cookies into a bulking cookie (if portioned into larger sizes) or a lighter snack option. Being a protein packed cookie, you should feel satisfied with 1 as apposed to snacking on 10 sugary, artificial commercial cookies.
1 cup Peanut Butter + 2 TBSP Protein Powder + 1/3 cup Natural Sugar (Stevia, Natvia, Truvia, Coconut sugar) + 1 Large Egg
How to Make
- Pre heat oven to 160 degrees celsius (320 Fahrenheit)
- Literally Place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix together
- Depending on your macros, or the portion size you are after, divide the cookie dough into portions and press flat onto a lined baking tray.
- If desired, add toppings onto your cookies i.e. nuts, chocolate chips, dried fruits.... just keep in mind this will add calories.
- Place cookies into the oven and bake for around 15 minutes
- The cookies may be slightly soft when you remove from the over, however, once cooling they will harden up.
- Serve and enjoy!
Protein is most beneficially taken post workout. If protein is taken post workout, it will effectively stimulate muscle protein synthesis - the process that helps promote the muscle repair and growth.
If your looking for a lean delicious protein powder which you could add to your protein cookies, check out Redcon1 - Isotope.
Lenny & Larry's Complete Cookie
If you have no time to bake, although we do recommend you give this recipe a try, we do sell Lenny & Larry's complete protein cookies!