Banana, Oat, Protein Muffins
Here is a simple, delicious, nutritious (fibre and protein packed) protein muffin recipe! They are moist, full of flavour and less than 100 calories per serve.
This muffin recipe is unique as it uses slightly different ingredients than usual...
- To ensure this recipe remains flourless, Oat Bran is used in replacement - this makes the recipe nutritionally wonderful
- The added Protein Powder gives this recipe not only a flavour boost but protein boost
- Applesauce is used to replace oil
- To ensure these muffins are protein enriched as much as possible, Greek Yoghurt is used - it also helps make the muffins moist
Prep Time | 5
Cooking Time | 15
- 1 2/3 cups of oat bran
- 1 scoop of Protein powder (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 small or medium very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
- 2 large egg whites (or 1 egg)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
How to Make
- Preheat oven to 200 Degress Celsius or 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- This recipe makes 12 muffins, so line a cupcake tray with 12 cupcake patties
- In a mixing bowl whisk the dry ingredients together - oat bran, protein powder, baking powder and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix the mashed banana, applesauce, greek yogurt, egg whites, and vanilla together until well combined and smooth.
- Add the wet ingredients to dry mixture and mix until just combined. Let batter sit two minutes to thicken a bit.
- Feel free (but keep in mind this will add extra calories) to add extra ingredients into the mixture i.e. fruits, nuts, choc chips etc
- Divide the batter evenly into the 12 muffin patties
- Place into the pre heated oven and bake 15 minutes
- When removed, transfer the tray to a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes
- Once cooled, remove the muffins from the tray and place on wire rack to cool completely and individually.
- Serve and enjoy!
Calories | 95
Fat | 1.5g
Protein | 6.3
Carbohydrates | 17.3g
Fibre | 3.3g
Protein is most beneficially taken post workout. If protein is taken post workout, it will effectively stimulate muscle protein synthesis - the process that helps promote the muscle repair and growth.
We stock a variety of 'Protein Powders' that you could add to your protein muffins.
The top protein powders we currently stock are...