Optimum Nutrition Serious Mass Gainer Protein Powder
Optimum Nutrition Serious Mass Gainer Protein Powder is a high-calorie mass gainer. Gaining enough calories and nutrients can be challenging when relying on whole foods alone - not to mention the stress this can put on the digestive system. Formulated for those who struggle to pack on size, Serious Mass delivers a massive protein hit to bulk up even the fastest metabolism.
Features of Serious Mass Gainer
- Huge 50g protein and 250g carbohydrate per serving
- Added digestive enzymes to encourage metabolism
- Fortified with vitamin and mineral blend
- Calorie surplus encourages improved athletic performance
What do we like about Serious Mass at Spartans?
Serious Mass is one of our favourite mass gainer products. Delicious, convenient, and easy on the digestive system, Serious Mass is the secret to sustainable weight gain. Because it contains a huge range of added vitamins and minerals, Serious Mass also functions as a general health supplement to support the way you look, feel, and perform.
- Devries MC, Phillips SM. Supplemental protein in support of muscle mass and health: advantage whey. J Food Sci. 2015 Mar;80 Suppl 1:A8-A15. doi: 10.1111/1750-3841.12802. PMID: 25757896. Link
- Li M , Liu F . Effect of whey protein supplementation during resistance training sessions on body mass and muscular strength: a meta-analysis. Food Funct. 2019 May 22;10(5):2766-2773. doi: 10.1039/c9fo00182d. PMID: 31041966. Link
- Morton RW, Murphy KT, McKellar SR, Schoenfeld BJ, Henselmans M, Helms E, Aragon AA, Devries MC, Banfield L, Krieger JW, Phillips SM. A systematic review, meta-analysis and meta-regression of the effect of protein supplementation on resistance training-induced gains in muscle mass and strength in healthy adults. Br J Sports Med. 2018 Mar;52(6):376-384. doi: 10.1136/bjsports-2017-097608. Epub 2017 Jul 11. Erratum in: Br J Sports Med. 2020 Oct;54(19):e7. PMID: 28698222; PMCID: PMC5867436. Link
- Kloby Nielsen LL, Tandrup Lambert MN, Jeppesen PB. The Effect of Ingesting Carbohydrate and Proteins on Athletic Performance: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials. Nutrients. 2020 May 20;12(5):1483. doi: 10.3390/nu12051483. PMID: 32443678; PMCID: PMC7284704.Link
- Rustad PI, Sailer M, Cumming KT, Jeppesen PB, Kolnes KJ, Sollie O, Franch J, Ivy JL, Daniel H, Jensen J. Intake of Protein Plus Carbohydrate during the First Two Hours after Exhaustive Cycling Improves Performance the following Day. PLoS One. 2016 Apr 14;11(4):e0153229. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0153229. PMID: 27078151; PMCID: PMC4831776. Link
- Børsheim E, Cree MG, Tipton KD, Elliott TA, Aarsland A, Wolfe RR. Effect of carbohydrate intake on net muscle protein synthesis during recovery from resistance exercise. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2004 Feb;96(2):674-8. doi: 10.1152/japplphysiol.00333.2003. Epub 2003 Oct 31. PMID: 14594866. Link
- Rasmussen BB, Tipton KD, Miller SL, Wolf SE, Wolfe RR. An oral essential amino acid-carbohydrate supplement enhances muscle protein anabolism after resistance exercise. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2000 Feb;88(2):386-92. doi: 10.1152/jappl.2000.88.2.386. PMID: 10658002. Link