This site has limited support for your browser. We recommend switching to Edge, Chrome, Safari, or Firefox.
Congratulations! Your order qualifies for free shipping Free shipping over $150 anywhere in Aus
Your Cart 0
Congratulations! Your order qualifies for free shipping You are $150.00 AUD away from FREE shipping.
No more products available for purchase

Products
Pair with
Subtotal Free
Shipping, taxes, and discount codes are calculated at checkout

Casein Protein Powder

Filters
Brand
Product type
Flavour
Size
Price
 
 
 
$
-
$

The Ultimate Guide to Buying Casein Protein: 

What is Casein Protein?

Casein protein is a type of protein found in milk. It constitutes about 80% of the protein content in cow's milk, with the remaining 20% being whey protein. Casein protein is digested slowly, gradually releasing amino acids into the bloodstream, which promotes muscle growth and recovery.

It's a popular choice for bodybuilders and athletes due to it's slower digestion time. This makes it ideal for dieting and before bed to fuel muscle recovery. 

Benefits of Casein Protein

Using casein protein as a supplement offers several benefits:

  • Steady supply of amino acids over time, supporting muscle growth, recovery, and reducing muscle breakdown
  • Possible aid in weight loss by providing a feeling of fullness and potentially increasing fat burning and metabolic rate

Difference between Casein and Whey Protein

Both casein and whey protein are derived from milk but have differences in composition and absorption:

Whey protein is quickly absorbed by the body, making it ideal for post-workout recovery and muscle repair.

Casein protein, on the other hand, is slowly absorbed, making it suitable for consumption before bed to provide a steady supply of amino acids while you sleep.

Understanding Protein Content and Quality

When choosing casein protein, consider the protein content per serving and the source of the protein. High-quality proteins have a higher biological value (BV), which measures how efficiently the body can use them.

Choosing the Right Type of Casein Protein

Various types of casein protein are available:

  • Micellar Casein: Considered the highest quality and most common type, great for slow digestion
  • Calcium Caseinate: Provides a steady release of amino acids over time
  • Hydrolyzed Casein: Faster-digesting option

Top Brands and Products of Casein Protein

Based on personal experience and customer reviews, here are some top recommendations:

  • Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Casein: Known for its great taste and mixability
  • Muscle Nation Custard Casein: This is a tasty Australian made muscle building treat! With 10+ flavours and over 22gm protein per serve this makes the perfect protein-packed dessert. 
  • Rule 1 R1 Casein: This is a pure micellar casein making it a premium choice casein. Rule 1 is known for their quality and flavours so you'll look forward to this every night before bed. 

Buying Tips for Casein Protein

Consider the following tips when shopping for casein protein:

  • Check the label for protein content per serving and the type of casein protein used
  • Read customer reviews to gauge taste, mixability, and effectiveness
  • Purchase from reputable brands or retailers for high-quality products

How to Consume Casein Protein for Maximum Results

To maximize the benefits of casein protein, follow these tips:

  • Take it before bed to provide a steady supply of amino acids while you sleep
  • Mix with water or milk based on your preference (milk adds extra protein and calories)
  • Use a blender or shaker bottle for optimal mixability
  • Make it into a pudding or custard. Casein is thicker by nature which makes it ideal to use for a protein packed custard after dinner.