Why You Need To Supplement With Branch Chain Amino Acids
Branch Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs) are one of the most widely misunderstood supplements on the market today, yet they are also one of the most beneficial! Without any shadow of a doubt, if you have stepped foot in a commercial gym recently you would have seen numerous gym goers sucking down colourful drinks, these more often than not are BCAAs - and when it comes to recovery, they can be a real game changer.
What are BCAAs? Branch Chains are three of the amino acids which form protein. Protein and amino acids are the building blocks for lean muscle tissue, being essential for the repair and growth of muscle.
Speaking specifically, these three amino acids are Leucine, Iso-Leucine and Valine. They get the name 'Branched' chain amino acids, because of their chemical structure binding them together.
As we mentioned previously, BCAA's are often one of the most misunderstood supplements on the market today. As BCAAs are found in dietary protein, many confused gym-goers often question their necessity. However, the difference between a BCAA supplement and dietary protein is quite apparent. The real benefit of amino acid supplementation is their ultra-fast absorption, allowing superior recovery during training.
We've broked down a comprehensive list on Why You Need To Supplement With Branch Chain Amino Acids:
- BCAA supplementation, particularly leucine supplementation can impact on protein synthesis - stimulating muscle growth.
- Supplementing with Aminos during training has also been shown to help maintain constant blood sugar levels.
- The main 'feel factor' from BCAA supplementation is the reduced fatigue post-training. As BCAA's are absorbed immediately, your body begins the repair process during training. This has a significant impact on your recovery rate, greatly reducing the typical muscle soreness you may experience the day post training.
- Amino Acids have also been shown to have muscle sparing. Which means you can train harder for longer without worrying about sacrificing your gains!
- Amino acids, particularly Valine have been shown to reduce the build-up of tryptophan and serotonin in the brain, which cause fatigue. Preventing this build up will in term reduce your feelings of brain fog and improve your mental performance both at the gym and throughout the day!
So there you have it, five reasons Why You Need To Supplement With Branch Chain Amino Acids! To summarise, supplementing with intra-workout amino acids can help you push the boundaries and take your training to the next level! Push the fatigue barrier, lift more weight and get faster results!
If you're in need of a great intra-workout supplement, we have numerous options from which you can choose. Some of the personal favourites of the Spartansuppz crew are:
Steel Supplements ADAbolic: A great mix of amino acids, kre alkalyn creatine and rapid absorption carbohydrates sure to take your training to the next level.
Redcon1 Breach: Breach is a refreshing intra-workout great for any training style, offering a big dose of BCAAs in addition to natural electrolytes, this supplement will have you feeling hydrated throughout even the most intense sessions!